The TMJ (temporomandibular joint) is the joint that enables the opening and closing of the mouth. When this joint suffers an injury or is affected by a disease, it can result in chronic pain that impairs the patient’s lifestyle.
TMJ disorders develop from a variety of reasons—including teeth grinding, arthritis, injury and disease. If left untreated, they can lead to a host of complications.
Dr. Salam, our specialist, has a long and stellar experience on TMJ, jaw muscles and well-aligned teeth.
Do you suffer from:
- Jaw pain (often just in front of the ears)/li>
- Facial muscle pain/li>
- Tight jaw muscles and difficulty in opening the mouth (especially just after waking up in the morning) /li>
- Clenching or night grinding/li>
- Neck or shoulder pain/li>
- Grating or popping sounds from the jaw/li>
- Uncomfortable bite, or change in the way the teeth bite/li>
- Frequent headaches/li>
- Loose or tender teeth/li>
- Chipped or worn out teeth (especially front teeth)
If you suffer from any of these symptoms, you may have a bad bite or another dental problem that can lead to TMJ pain.
For further details, please book an appointment with Dr. Salam, our specialist, for a complete evaluation and individualized treatment plan.