Periodontitis, also known as advanced gum disease affects a large number of people over the age of 30. Despite affecting so many people, many patients tend to ignore it, thus resulting in tooth loss. We provide advanced treatment options for periodontal disease. Using the latest techniques and minor periodontal surgical procedures, our periodontist can solve your gum problems comprehensively.
Procedures to treat gum disease
- Non-surgical treatment (scaling, root planning, local drug delivery)
- Periodontal surgery (pocket reduction procedure and regenerative procedure, soft tissue grafts)
- Laser: Our periodontist uses a laser to treat many gum problems thus avoiding a surgery. Laser assisted treatment ensures more comfort, no bleeding and very fast healing for our patients. Sometimes within two days your gums will look completely normal after laser surgery
- Cosmetic gum surgery (correction of gummy smile, making dark gums into pink, root coverage procedures to cover the exposed roots/long teeth) helps to create a beautiful smile
Remember healthy gums can make your teeth last a lifetime.
Advantages of laser dentistry when treating gum disease
- Procedure is minimally invasive and precise with no cutting and suturing
- Discomfort is considerably less during and after surgery as compared to standard surgeries
- Fewer visits required to the dentist as compared to traditional surgeries
- Shrinkage of the gums is minimal, following the treatment as compared to the traditional surgery
- Less or no swelling caused after surgery
- Faster recovery time – normally within 24 hours
Procedure is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin